Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tagged!

Last week I was tagged by the very cool Emily White, so now it's my turn to play this game and tag some bloggers of my own. MY APOLOGIES if you've already been tagged. I know some of you are very popular. :-)

Oh, first I have to answer some weird questions.

Do you think you’re hot?

Well, this is awkward. Ummmm I'm not sure. I guess not really. But occasionally I'll be all dolled up in some little black dress and I'll be like, THERE IT IS. 

So--occasionally?

(I just looked through my pictures for some photo evidence I might present about my presumed hotness, but didn't find anything that didn't make me say "meh." So probably not.)
Moving on ...

Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.



FULL DISCLOSURE--I just changed the background so I could upload it as this. The previous one came with my computer. It was some anime thing. I was getting tired of it anyway. I took this pic at my cousin-in-law's wedding. She got married on deck over a river.

When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

Sunday afternoon, at Chipotle's, on my amazing burrito. It was delish.

The song you listened to recently?
Carnival of Rust by Poets of the Fall. It's one of my favorites.

What were you thinking about as you were doing this?

I was thinking about a scene in one of my WIPs. Also in the interest of full disclosure, this blog post ;-)

Do you have nicknames?

I do. Kate is a nickname, and I've also been called Zoe (long story). My brother-in-law and his wife call me Exaggerakatie, because they say I tell lies. (Like Emily Dickinson, I tell the truth, but I tell it slant ...)

Tag Five Blogger Friends!

Here’s five people whose awesome blogs I follow:

Veronica Roth
Jaimie Teekell
Candace Ganger (Candyland)
Tricia Williams
Wordplay (KM Weiland)


Who’s listed as number 1?

Veronica Roth. If you aren't following her blog, you should be. She's amazing! Also, go buy her book, Divergent!

Leave a lovey dovey message for number 2

Jaimie is awesome. We met online at least a year ago, maybe a year and a half ... ? I forget how long it's been. She knew my brother in college, and he saw that she was writing a YA novel, and he was like, "My sister is also writing a YA novel," and he gave her my twitter handle, and the rest is history. We critique each others' work and we whine and commiserate together about writing stuff. It's great.

How did you get to know number 3?

I first encountered Candace Ganger's blog when she was having this awesomesauce contest (from which I won two prizes, I might add, one of which was a 3 chapter critique from the lovely Beth Revis. *name-dropping*). She is irreverent, hilarious, and really cool. 

How about number 4?

I just met Tricia, technically, because I bought her book Wasteland for my Kindle and then I had to follow her blog because 1) I'm really enjoying the book and 2) we seem to have a good bit in common. 
PS ~ Her book is really good.

Say something about number 5:

If you aren't following Wordplay, YOU SHOULD BE. I love this blog. KM Weiland is a genius, and she has so many good tips for writers. She's super sweet, too.

Your turn!

If I tagged you, feel free to play along.

5 comments:

  1. Kate! Great answers! And I love "THERE IT IS"! Ahahahaha! Now I must go check out these amazing blogs you talked so highly of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i'm with em. the there it is is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Thanks. My block is spiderwebs lately.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...