Friday, July 8, 2011

Stuff That Makes Me Cry

Lately I've been reading lots of inspiring writing stories and they've been making me cry (yes, I wept while reading the part in On Writing by Stephen King where they're broke and then he sells Carrie for $400,000).

This keynote speech by Sherrilyn Kenyon was no exception.

I'm not sure why I've been so emotional lately. Perhaps it's just life events--I've had a lot of things happen to me in the last few weeks that were hard (but good), things that made me confront my own neuroses and face my fears. I'm in a good place right now, but I'm also feeling a little raw about it all. But at the same time, I've never felt so empowered.

It's a good feeling.

In other news, the super secret book is coming along well. I ended up rewriting about half of it, and I'm making great progress. I'm hoping to start showing covers and blurbs and such in a few weeks. (!!!)

3 comments:

  1. I think we all have times like this where we cry at everything. You should see me sometimes. I once cried over a diaper advert. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry at everything, all the time. Seriously, it's embarrassing.

    I'm intrigued about the super secret book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica: I think I've cried at credit card commercials before. It's a little embarrassing.

    Sarah: :-D

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...