Sunday, March 6, 2011

Brain Storm

About half of my writing is subconscious, I think. Whenever I'm doing some heavy plotting, or if I've mulling over a particularly puzzling or tricky aspect of the story--even when I'm not actively thinking about the story--my head feels like it's full of rain-saturated storm clouds. Flashes of insight or inspiration skitter across my thoughts like lightning, and occasionally I experience a rumble of exasperation like thunder. But mostly I just feel heavy, full of rain, anxious to drop down words onto the page but not ready quite yet to do so.

It definitely feels like a brain storm.

This might explain, at least in part, why I am so prone to staring off into space and dropping the conversational ball at times. Brain storms. 

1 comment:

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...