Sunday, February 1, 2015

You Won't Believe What's Available for Pre-Order!

Haha, sorry, forgive my clickbaity title. I couldn't resist--been reading some Buzzfeed lately. Seriously, though, THE SEASON OF LIGHTNING is now available for pre-order!

This is probably my favorite book I've written to date. It's very near to my heart, and it feels a little vulnerable to publish it, but at the same time, I'm thrilled to pass the story on to readers who can love it and make it their own. I think that's the magic of reading, that partnership between author and reader where they work together to build a world, the author on the page and the reader in his or her imagination. It's magic, you guys, and it's the coolest thing. When people tell me they enjoy something I wrote, I want to thank them. It's their creation too, in a way, because they took words on a page and made a masterpiece in their minds. Without that, there is no story.

Anyway, sappy feelings aside, this is the last book I'll release before I have my baby. I will be taking a bit of a break from writing to focus on mom stuff, although hopefully I'll be popping in here and there on various social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. And if he sleeps a lot, maybe I'll do a little writing when I have the time. I'm itching to finish the Itlantis series and get to work on the sequel to A Gift of Poison. I've already plotted and brainstormed for them both, and done a little drafting. When I have titles and summaries, I'll put those on the blog.

In the meantime, The Season of Lightning releases Feb 20 and I hope you'll all check it out.






Emma meets Robin Hood in this antebellum-esque fantasy set in the same world as A Gift of Poison.

Verity Elysius is the only daughter of a retired general and rich plantation owner. She lives in an insulated world of wealth and privilege, where she spends her time riding her horse, sassing her lady's companion, and being tormented by the family's handsome but irritating nobleman friend, Lord Roth. But when a mysterious, masked vigilante called the Hawk begins stirring up trouble and freeing "silvras," the oppressed, elven lower class, Verity's world is turned upside down as she is challenged about everything she knows about her world and her place in it.

(You can find it here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...