Friday, January 28, 2011

Awards (and Zombicorns!)

Fun Awards and Making Up For Lost Time

I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus this month, so today when I dragged myself back to Blogger I was shocked to find I'd been given two lovely awards. So, sorry this is so late, and many thanks to Katie from Katie's Book Blog for the Stylish Blogger Award, and to Carol from Artzicarol Ramblings for the Fair Dinkum Award! Seriously, guys, the zombicorns are dancing.
Zombicorn Partay!

My turn! The protocol seems to be that I list any number of things about myself you guys probably don't know (the number itself varies depending on the blog, so I'm picking 5 things!) and also that I pass the award on to a few others (I'm picking 5 again, because I like symmetry). So without futher ado:

5 Things About Me:

1. I like zombicorns I really love horses, and spent a lot of time as a kid taking riding lessons, going to horsemanship camp, and reading (and writing) about them.
2. My husband and I both know sign language and have several deaf friends. We actually met through a sign language class my church was offering.
3. I've always wished my name was something other than Katie. Katie is a nice name, but I had maybe a dozen friends with the same name as a kid. Throughout the years, I wanted to be called Star (about 3rd grade), January (high school), and Zoe (college). I had a friend or two in college who would refer to me only as Zoe, which I liked. (I still wish my name was Zoe).
4. I don't like peanut butter (blasphemy, I know!). Something about the texture combined with the taste, I suppose.
You guys all get a gold star.
5. I love thinking up titles for yet-unwritten books (but I can never seem to think of titles for books I've already written, drat!). I collect lists of potential titles and hoard them compulsively, and I literally like some books better because of their clever titles (a rose by any other name, eh Shakespeare?)

And now, for the conferring of my blog awards ... dun dun dun!
Check out these awesome bloggers:

1. Wendy at When Ladybugs Roar
2. Jaimie at Jaimie (Lynne) Teekell
3. Julie at Julie Musil
4.Creative A at *Headdesk*
5. T.K. Richardson at Evening Fades

Guys, feel free to pick either award, since I have both of them to offer!



9 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you so much! It's so kind of you to share this with me and these other fine bloggers.

    I like your name. I've never met a Katie I didn't like. And I think it's so cool that you and your hubby know sign language. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome about the sign language!

    I'm fortunate in that I like my name. What saves it, for me, is that it's kind of masculine.

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my son's "girlfriend" last year (they were in kindergarten) name was Star. :)
    i don't like my name either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the idea of "zombiecorns" is hilarious. Love it. Nice to know more about you, too, with your interesting list. It's hard to know what people will think of their names...I named my daughter Janelle, because I thought it was a lovely name, and other people like it too. She's not all that hot about it though. Kids. LOL

    I've always wanted to learn sign language! I like to watch people sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog award!!!!

    I took a few years of sign language in college... I love it too. I'm seriously out of practice, though.

    I've written entire books... just because I fell in love with a title. Beat that! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award! That was such a neat surprise. And I loved the bit about sign language. I've been wanting to learn ASL for years now and I finally have a chance to take a class.

    Also I think it's cool so many other people are coming out to say how much they like ASL.

    Best,
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Wendy ... I believe that, given your voracious writing speed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the award! What a sweet deal - we get to pick! I'll post it today.

    Katie, thanks for thinking of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. #5 would be me...but I loved reading about you.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...