Friday, July 22, 2011

If You Liked ... ?

Beth Revis did this great post a few weeks back about recommending books, which basically talked about how just because someone liked a book with zombies doesn't necessarily mean they'll automatically like another zombie book, because there are multiple elements to each book that you can use to make recommendations. She did a cool little chart that broke it down and everything. Mostly I think she was focusing on how you can't also recommend one book based on one similarity, because not everyone liked the first book for that reason, but I loved the idea of breaking down the various elements and relating them to other books--or even movies--like that.

It's kind of like Netflix or Pandora for books.

Anyway, I liked it so much I thought I'd start doing it whenever I recommend something to you guys. I decided to try it out first with my book, The Curse Girl.

(Although yes, some of these things are movies).

If you liked . . .


Resourceful, sassy heroines struggling to break a curse?




A whimsical, magical modern world?




A romance where the guy and girl fight their initial attraction to one another with lots of sarcasm and witty banter?








If you liked any of these things, you might also like The Curse Girl

2 comments:

  1. Oh, very cool! I haven't seen Coraline, but I read the book and it was CREEPY. Letters to Juliet looks like something I'll have to check out. And I enjoyed both Ella Enchanted and Penelope.

    And your book looks really interesting! I'm going to bookmark it so I can look at it more when I have a bit more time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura: Thanks! Letters to Juliet was a cute movie, and I haven't seen Coraline either, but the book freaked me out. The thing with the button eyes made my skin crawl.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...